If you have Diabetes, this program can help you. . .
- Develop a healthy meal plan and eating habits
- Improve your blood sugar control
- Lose weight
- Improve your cholesterol profile
- While you are taking part in this program, you should work with your doctor. People with diabetes should never adjust their care plan or goals without consulting their doctor.*
- You will be learning the proper portions to eat and how to eat when you are hungry. You will most likely be eating smaller portions than you are used to eating. Because of this, your doctor may need to make changes to your insulin or medicine.
- The program will work best if you can eat only when you are hungry. Many of our members do not get hungry for their first meal until 10:30 in the morning or later. If you are taking insulin or some other medicine that needs to be taken with your meal, you should check with your doctor.
If you have Diabetes, we strongly suggest that you:
- Get an okay from your doctor before taking part in the program.
- Check your blood sugar levels regularly.*
- Adjust your insulin or medicine as needed (with help from your doctor).
- Talk to your doctor about H2Orange and whether it is right for you.
- Go over your progress and results regularly with your doctor.
- Talk about any concerns with your doctor.
- Feel free to print out this page and take it to your next doctor’s visit. You can use it as a checklist to make sure you are controlling your diabetes. If you do not have a visit planned, we suggest you get one before making any major changes to make your health better.
- Your program counselor can be reached by email if you have any questions, comments or concerns.
*Source: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK)