Back to all career opportunities
Inside Sales Consultant
The purpose of this position is to help Naturally Slim reach it sales goals by identifying and qualifying prospective customers and setting up meetings to help grow the sales pipeline and increase the company’s customer base. Working on the front lines of the sales process, the Inside Sales Consultant will be a primary source of lead generation in the large employer market.
- Source new sales opportunities by following up on inbound leads and making outbound cold calls and emails.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to qualify prospects and provide background information to Naturally Slim sales team members in advance of initial calls/meetings.
- Route qualified opportunities to appropriate members of the Naturally Slim sales team for further development and closure.
- Research accounts, identify key decision makers and contact information.
- Provide timely follow up with prospects in order to maintain current and new business relationships.
- Track all activity in Salesforce in an accurate, timely fashion.
- Identify best practices to help develop the inside sales and lead generation functions within Naturally Slim.
- Continually build product, company and industry knowledge.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability in exercising discretion in confidential matters and the use of independent judgment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to apply those skills with persons at all levels of authority in written form as well as verbally over the phone.
- Ability to be detail oriented, follow directions, and maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to learn and utilize advanced technology associated with job functions.
- Be a self-starter and work independently without supervision.
- Demonstrate tenacity and maintain a positive attitude when making cold calls and sending emails.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal and time management skills.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship and demonstrate effective communication with senior executives at prospect and client organizations.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
General Working Conditions
- General office conditions exist to include extended periods of time working on a computer terminal. Travel to client, prospects, and vendor locations.
Education: High School Diploma required. College degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum six years experience in life/health, employee benefits or provider organization preferred.
This description is intended to be sufficient merely to identify the classification and be illustrative of the duties that may be assigned. It should not be interpreted to describe all of the duties an employee assigned to this classification may be required to perform.
Date Effective: January 2019
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.